Welcome to Furnishtime online, the buying experience website. Our Terms and Conditions apply only to orders placed through the FurnishTime website online. Your statutory rights apply at all times. By continuing to use this website your acceptance and understanding are agreed, insomuch that you are bound by these terms and conditions which govern all transactions via the website, excluding any other terms and conditions.
FurnishTime (“FurnishTime “, hereafter “we”, or “us”) reserve the right to adapt our terms and conditions when necessary without providing notice to clients and these alterations will immediately take effect on the day of upload to this website. These changes will be published here on the terms and conditions section of the website and by continuing to use FurnishTime, this action constitutes that you understand and thereby agree to be bound by our terms and conditions. FurnishTime request that you read, review and accept our terms and conditions every time you order any items from our website as these terms and conditions may change in the interim period. Customers are also encouraged to review our terms and conditions every time you look on our online shopping portal to ensure you are aware of any changes and are up to date with the latest information. We further encourage that all FurnishTime customers print and retain the terms and conditions at the time of your purchase if needed for future reference. If you have any queries about any of the items on sale please email email@example.com for assistance.
In our terms and conditions to follow, here are the definitions of the words used:
“Us”: Relating to bothYou, the customer purchasing goods, and Us, FurnishTime.
“Contract”: The contract you must adhere to for the purchase and sale of the goods through our website.
“Goods”: All of our products which are available for order through our Website.
“Made to Measure Items”: The Goods which are specifically made-to-measure or made to customer’s specifications, which are custom-made or personalised.
“Order”: A purchase order for goods which is submitted through our Website by our online system.
“Event(s) Outside Our Control”: Any event beyond our control which may disrupt or prevent the production or delivery of the Goods. These events include third party action such as strikes or lock outs, industrial actions, civil action, natural disasters, war or threat of war, problems with telecommunications networks, railways, shipping and other transport.
“Terms”: The FurnishTime Terms and Conditions.
Making an online order
These terms and conditions are applicable for all orders placed on furnishtime.com and by making an order online you accept all of the terms. Your order will not be completed on our website if you do not accept the terms. Customers are advised to read through the terms and conditions cautiously ensuring you understand before you make any purchase of the goods as an online payment means you agree with the terms.
Customers must be over 18 and acting as a consumer to place an order on FurnishTime. Please contact us by email if you want to purchase goods for a business.
You are obligated to pay for the goods purchased once you have placed your order and clicked the “Pay” button at the checkout.
The terms of the contract between us is formed once we accept your order and you are encouraged to print and retain a copy of our terms and conditions for future inspection and also keep the confirmation email of your order.
It is the customer’s responsibility to input the information and place your order correctly on our website including if you have any additional information regarding your order. An order summary will appear at checkout including the purchase details, the total price and delivery charge presented for you to check before you confirm and pay for your order. FurnishTime is not responsible for any mistakes made during the input and submission of your order.
The Purchase of goods
1. Once you have placed your order for the goods on the website you will receive a confirmation email as proof of purchase and this email is to show we have recognized your order but it is not yet an acceptance of the order. At this stage we are not required to accept your order and the contract for the requested goods does not yet exist.
2. FurnishTime retains the right to accept or decline your order for a number of reasons including stocking issues, the goods are no longer available or due to pricing errors on the site. If your order is declined you will be contacted with the necessary information and your order will not be processed. A full refund will be provided or if it is a pricing error you will receive the goods at the right price.
3. If your order is cancelled you will receive an email notifying you and a full refund will be paid to you within 30 days of the cancelled order.
4. The contract is created once all or part of your goods have been successfully delivered unless your order is not accepted subjective to point b.
5. Customers are advised to keep all emails and correspondence regarding your order.
6. All details of your order are retained by FurnishTime and you can contact us for any information relating to your specific order.
7. Customers can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request any changes or information regarding your order. If you place an order for our products at different times we are unable to guarantee exact colour matches and stock availability. If you require a change in your order, this may cause further delays with delivery and may change the price of your order.
1. The images of our products on the website are only used as a visual purpose and may not represent the accurate appearance and size of the goods. The colours of the products may also be displayed differently on your computer and we cannot guarantee the accuracy. The images of the products are only used as a guide for the representation of the products and you can select different options for your requirements including size and colour which will be presented on the product detail page and the changes you made shown in your shopping basket and at checkout.
2. For clarification relating to the contract, all information regarding your order including the quantity and your customised specifications will be presented in the confirmation order email.
3. FurnishTime retains the right to change the goods or your customised specifications if required by law. You will be notified of any changes made and you order will not be processed until you accept and confirm these changes.
4. Consumers have legal rights if the goods you have ordered arrive faulty, not as described or not to your standards such as goods damaged and these rights are not affected by our terms and conditions. You are advised to contact the Trading Standards Office for information. Some of our goods may also come with a manufacturers guarantee and you can find out more information on this by contacting us.
5. FurnishTime may sometimes also provide special discounts and offers for our goods which will have their own terms and conditions on our website along with these terms.
1. All prices for our products on the website are in pounds sterling. The prices include VAT and other taxes unless stated otherwise but excludes any delivery charges. We will do everything possible to keep the prices up to date on the website. If there is a pricing error you will receive an email which states the corrected price and you will be able to confirm this change or decline your order.
2. Customers are required to pay by credit card, Debit card or by PayPal and you will be charged once your order has been submitted at checkout. Your order will not be delivered if we do not receive the full payment and will not bedelivered until we receive the full amount.
3. Some payment options require third party authorisation or checks for validation.
4. FurnishTime retains the rights to reject your order and payment for any reason and you will be contacted regarding the issue.
5. If an incorrect price is displayed on the website which can be recognised as an error in pricing, we will not provide the goods at this price if the error is clear even if the contract is complete.
6. The full payment of your order must be received before delivery. The delivery crew will not accept payments.
7. If we find a pricing error for your ordered goods you will be emailed with the updated details and you can either reconfirm your order at the altered price or cancel the order. If we cannot contact you via email or do not receive a response your order will be cancelled and you will receive a refund of the amount you paid.
Security and Clearing
- All payments made by debit and credit cards on our website have a secure connection for protection which ensures the card you use is encrypted for bank authorisation transfer.
- For additional security, no credit or debit card details are stored on our website once your order is complete.
Delivery of goods
1. The goods will be delivered to the address provided when you placed the order.
2. Deliveries aim to be made within the time frame that is stated for each item at point of purchase. If you are located outside of our range for deliveries it will be an estimation of 1 to 2 weeks added to the delivery date. All of our delivery dates are estimated at the time of order and is calculated by stock availability and the time needed to prepare your order and deliver to you depending on our supplier’s delivery times. Some deliveries may receive delays due to events outside our control and we cannot accept responsibility for this. If you have ordered more than one item, we will do everything possible to get these delivered at the same time within the delivery time frame unless you have requested a split delivery. However, a split delivery will require an additional charge for delivery. If any of your order is changed, regarding the items or delivery, you will be contacted.
3. When your order has arrived in full to our distribution centre you will be notified and contacted to arrange a date and time for delivery. Our storage warehouses are for transit only and so your order will be delivered as soon as possible, most likely within 7 days once you have confirmed a delivery slot. The order can only be delivered to the address of the person who placed the order. Valid ID will be required for proof of identity (driver’s license or passport) as well as the card you used for payment for the order.
4. The storage warehouses are limited and there is not enough space to keep items for a period of time and so if you do not book a delivery time within 7 days you will be charged weekly for the storage space.
5. Once we have received your full payment and the goods have been delivered, from that point on you will be the owner of your ordered goods.
6. The person who ordered the goods will be required to sign for the delivery as proof of arrival.
7. The items for sale on FurnishTime either arrive readymade or require self assembly. The self assembly items will be delivered boxed and will require you to remove the packaging and assemble it. If your order arrives damaged or with any parts missing, please contact us as soon as possible.
8. All orders for delivery must pre book a delivery date and time slot and you must sign for the delivery when it arrives. If you are not at home when the delivery arrives, then you will have to rearrange a delivery slot for another date.
Access to the home
1. For the larger items out for delivery, the delivery members will place the item in your home in the room it will be set up and you must ensure that access is made as easy as possible to this room. When you are looking for new furniture items on FurnishTime it is highly advised that you measure the space so the furniture will fit as well as measuring doors, stairs and hallways to ensure it will be able to get to the room safely and without causing damage. You should also clear the route of any obstructions on the delivery date.
2. When you place your order you can add additional information regarding access to your home or you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
3. If you are not at home during delivery, you will be charged for the failed delivery and you will also be charged if you cancel your delivery slot under 48 hours prior to the arranged time.
Cooling Off Period (applicable to online orders)
The Consumer Contracts Regulations of 2014 entitle the customer to cancel their contract if they exercise this right within 14 days after the day on which goods are delivered. This is known as the statutory cooling off period. Once this period of 14 dayshas expired you are unable to cancel the contract. The items as part of your order are now unable to be returned after this cooling off period unless it has been confirmed that the items in your order are defective whether due to damage or parts missing.
This 14 day cooling off period allows customers to inspect the good once they have arrived to check for damages to confirm that the goods are in perfect condition and also to check that the goods are what you expected as you only saw them on the website and not in person. However you should not use the furniture as normal during this period because if you do require a cancellation, the furniture must still be in the new condition as it will be claimed as ‘returned stock’.
Under UK law, there are certain exclusions to this statutory cooling off period;
a.Bespoke items. The definition of bespoke goods is that they have been ordered to be custom made or personalized for an individual customer. Choosing a colour from a selection of colours in which the item is available or your chosen item being made to order, does not constitute your furniture as being bespoke under this clause. If you order a bespoke item through us, we shall at the point of ordering emphasise to you that it is a bespoke item and by ordering a bespoke item it is excluded from the Consumer Contract Regulations.
- Both pillows or mattress once removed from their sealed packaging
- Mattresses, divan bedsand mattress protectors which have been used.
iii. Self-assembly items which have been partially or fully assembled.
1. If you choose to exercise the right to cancel, the customer must inform us in writing via email statingthe order number.Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you wish to cancel following delivery and receipt of the items, it is the customer’s responsibility to return the items to Furnishtime at their own cost, or should you be unable to arrange the return of your goodswe are able to offer a collection service but a collection fee is applicable for such service. Goods must be returned within 14 days of your email notifying us of your decision to cancel the contract.
3. Refunds will be madevia the same payment method originally used for the purchase and will be made by Furnishtime within 30 days of valid cancellation of contract. We do not cover additional delivery costs where you have chosen to use another type of delivery.
4. If upon receipt of the returned goods we find that they have not been treated with reasonable care and are no longer in their original condition as when they were delivered to you, we reserve the right to calculate the loss of their value resulting from your misuse and deductsuch amount from your refund.
Goods that are damaged or defective
FurnishTime and our delivery crews will do everything possible to ensure your ordered goods are delivered undamaged in perfect condition and no defects. If the goods do arrive damaged or with defects upon delivery, the customer retains the right toreject and return the goods ordered:
1. Upon delivery, if you immediately notice damage you will be required to fill in an Incident Report form or if you notice damage once it is set up in your home, you will have the 14 days cooling off period to inform us of the issue.
2. The report will be entered into our system alongside your order and you will receive a full refund to the card you originally made the payment with within 30 days.
3. If you would still like the goods you have ordered, we can exchange the damaged furniture in new condition at no extra cost.
4. If you discover the damage after it has been delivered, please contact us via email as soon as possible and within the time frame of 30 days after delivery. If we are unable to repair the damage, we will exchange the furniture item or provide a credit note to be used on the website. The goods which are returned due to damage are back under the ownership of FurnishTime and you will not receive the refund until the items are back in our possession.
5. If a fault occurs after the 30 days in which the delivery is made, please contact us via email on email@example.com.
Non acceptance of orders
FurnishTime retain the right to decline an order for the following reasons:
a.Stock availability meaning we are unable to deliver the ordered goods.
1. The goods ordered from the website were incorrectly priced or described.
2. Your payment has not been authorised or we haven’t received the full payment by the delivery date.
3. Delivery is not available to your address.
4. The manufacturer has removed the ordered goods or have been withdrawn by a governmental authority.
If your ordered goods are declined by us, you will be contacted as soon as possible via email and you will receive a full refund of the amount paid for the goods within 30 days of cancellation. We will not provide compensation for disappointment or any inconvenience caused.
a.FurnishTime does everything possible to ensure all of the products listed on the website are in stock and available to purchase at the time of your order.
- If a product is not in stock we will contact you via email to inform you and then further contact you when the product is back in stock and available to buy.
FurnishTime does everything possible to ensure your ordered goods are prepared and delivered on time but some events or actions such as industrial strikes, labour disputes, natural disasters and other such events may occur outside our control that cause us to cancel or alter your order or delivery.
Complaints and Feedback
a.Complaints regarding your order or delivery can be made via email from our contacts page.
- All complaints are taken seriously and are dealt with privately and fairly. Customer’s rights are not affected.
- For FurnishTime to create a contract with a customer to allow you to order goods online you must be over 18 and must provide your full name, delivery address, card details and address and contact details including an email and telephone number.
If we are unable to enforce any of these terms and conditions upon your order, the other terms and conditions will be unaffected.
The FurnishTime terms and conditions are created in agreement with English law and once a contract is created you are agreeing to the full terms and conditions and are subject to the jurisdiction of the England and Wales Courts. All contracts are completed in English.
Data Protection and Privacy
All of the information we receive from customers is kept confidential and your privacy is protected. Your information is used lawfully and in correspondence with the Data Protection Legislation. Your information is required for the completion and processing of your order and to ensure you receive a high quality service from us. By providing us with your information you are giving us permission to transmit or receive information from third parties including your credit or debit card number to verify your identity, authenticate your payment card and to therefore confirm your transaction. This confirms your acknowledgement and your consent to the way your information is used at FurnishTime and you agree to our terms regarding your information. Please contact us if you require further information on the privacy or your personal information.
Important legal terms
a.We are not responsible for any delays, cancellation or problems with the order under our contract caused by events outside our control. If there is a problem with an event outside our control you will be notified and contacted via email or telephone. We will suspend the terms of the contract during this event outside our control.
1. Each term set out here is operated in solo and if one of the terms in unenforceable or unlawful as proved by a court or authority, every other term is still in force and unaffected. If any term is proved unlawful but can become lawful and enforceable if a section were deleted, then the term will still apply with the necessary deletions to ensure the term is enforceable and lawful.
2. If it is not insisted by FurnishTime that your obligations are performed during our contract according to these terms or our rights are not enforced against you, this does not mean that our rights will not be enforced by you and that you do not have to act in accordance to our terms. If our rights are waived as a default you will receive this information in writing but this does not mean any future contracts will be waived by default.
3. We can exercise our rights and enforce our obligations held by the contract using other legal persons or entities.
4. In some circumstances our rights and obligations can be transferred to another organisation under the contract but customer’s rights will not be affected under the terms. You may also request to transfer your rights to another person under this contract if we agree and you receive confirmation of the transfer in writing.